New job Full-time Seafood Lead in Maine | 2021
Full-time Seafood Lead
Company : Hannaford
Salary : Details not provided
Job Title: Seafood Lead
Essential Job Functions:
1. Role model outstanding, friendly customer service and use skills and knowledge to offer solutions that meet or exceed customer’s expectations.
2. Supervise performance of all duties and responsibilities of all seafood associates as/when assigned by management.
3. Use good judgment in the delegation, assignment and follow-up required for the efficient performance in the department.
4. Greet and assist customers with locating and selecting products.
5. Perform seafood associate responsibilities as directed.
6. Cut, filet and display seafood. Process merchandise properly, paying careful attention to rotation of products according to prescribed standards.
7. Assist in effectively ordering and maintaining inventory control to maximize sales and limit shrink issues.
8. Maintain accurate, neat records of production, shrink, sales and inventory.
9. Make price changes and maintain correct prices in scales as directed.
10. Receive seafood delivery, rotate and put in appropriate storage area.
11. Wash, rinse and sanitize equipment in accordance with company guidelines.
12. Adhere to highest product quality standards to support our department strategy.
13. Must be able to meet the physical requirements of the position, with or without reasonable accommodations.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. In the absence of the department manager and the assistant department manager, lead the department operations in accordance with established department standard practices.
2. Comply with all company policies procedures and government regulations.
3. Utilize retail store systems that support job functions which include but not limited to: Management Planning, Scheduling, CAO and RF Unit.
4. Treat all co-workers with fairness, dignity, and respect.
5. Meet or exceed all applicable Management Planning guidelines.
6. Develop product knowledge in all areas of the seafood department including cooking procedures.
7. Assist in training other associates when assigned.
8. Maintain a neat, well-groomed personal appearance at all times; comply with company personal appearance policy.
9. Maintain solid communication in the department and throughout the organization.
10. Support company safety standards. Communicate any needed equipment repairs or maintenance work needed. Keep work area free from debris and safety hazards.
11. Observe and maintain company sanitation and food safety standards.
12. Perform all other duties as assigned. Requirements Qualifications:
Ability to lead and direct others. Seafood experience preferred. Effective communication, customer service and selling skills. Effective interpersonal skills and desire to work in a team environment. Demonstrated ability and willingness to learn multiple tasks and technical requirements of the job. Must meet minimum age requirements to comply with company policy.
1. Ability to use computers and other communication systems required to perform the job functions.
2. Lift cases weighing 40 lbs. frequently and 100 lbs. on occasion.
3. Meet established volume activity standards.
4. Stand or walk 100% of the time while working in temperatures of 45 degrees Fahrenheit the majority of the time.
5. Perform repetitive grasping, twisting, reaching, bending and hand/arm motions as the product is identified, wrapped, priced and weighed.
6. Use their hands to continuously to feel objects, use tools and equipment to cut and prepare seafood products.
7. Be able to handle a variety of substances associated with cleaning materials, packaging materials, and food products.