New job Financial Analyst in Ohio | 2021
Company : State of Ohio Jobs
Salary : $21.50 an hour
Location : Ohio
Ohio Department of Job and Family Services’ mission is to improve the well-being of Ohio's workforce and families by promoting economic self-sufficiency and ensuring the safety of Ohio's most vulnerable citizens.
This position is held within the Office of Unemployment Insurance Operations (OUIO), Performance and Systems, Finance Section, Accounting Unit. OUIO administers Ohio's unemployment insurance program, which provides short-term income to unemployed workers who lose their jobs through no fault of their own. It reduces the hardship felt by families during periods of temporary unemployment and bolsters the local economies by maintaining the purchasing power of the unemployed worker. Learn more about the office by visiting the ODJFS OUIO webpage at jfs.ohio.gov/ouc.
NOTICE: Current employees of ODJFS in the OCSEA/AFSCME union have selection rights before all other applicants. Applications from all other candidates will only be considered if an internal OCSEA/AFSCME applicant is not selected for this position.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Bookkeeping – you will be updating accounting records, entering repayments, and requesting bank transfers for appropriate amounts of cash to be available for unemployment benefits issued. Your attention to detail and accuracy entering data, plus basic Excel are critical skills needed to be successful in this position. Your work output is subject to state and federal audits.
- Reporting – you will be preparing and transmitting financial and statistical reports to state and federal agencies.
- Telephones – you will receive and respond to questions via the telephone from unemployed workers, state/federal agencies, and financial institutions as it relates to the duties within the unit. Customer service skills are imperative in handling challenging conversations with clients who are going through hardship.
- Multi-tasking/Time Management – you will need to be able to multi-task and be efficient in time management to be successful in this position, as you will be working on assignments, assisting internal and external customers via electronic mail, and answering the telephone throughout your work day.
- Lead Worker – you will monitor and assist Financial Associates with daily tasks.
- Or 30 mos. exp. or 30 mos. trg. in accounting &/or finance to include an intermediate level of experience in spreadsheet software.
- Or 12 mos. exp. as Financial Associate, 66561.
- Or equivalent of Minimum Class Qualifications for Employment noted above.
NOTE: Successful completion of the Fiscal Academy may be substituted for 4 mos. of required accounting/fiscal experience referenced in this portion of the minimum qualifications.
(*)Developed after employment.
Unless required by legislation or union contract, starting salary will be the minimum salary of the salary range (step 1, currently $21.50 per hour) associated with this position.
All answers to the supplemental questions must be supported by the work experience/education provided on your civil service application.
Unless the posting requires, please do not include attachments, as attachments will not be considered as part of your application.
Travel required, as needed. Must provide own transportation or, in order to operate a state vehicle, you must have a valid driver’s license.
May be required to work long or unusual hours during peak operational periods.
Status of posted positions
You can check the status of your application online be signing into your profile and clicking the “My Jobpage” tab to view completed submissions and submission details. If you have questions other than your applications status, please direct them to HR_Support_Center@jfs.ohio.gov.
The final candidate selected for the position will be required to undergo a criminal background check. Criminal convictions do not necessarily preclude an applicant from consideration for a position. An individual assessment of an applicant's prior criminal convictions will be made before excluding an applicant from consideration.