New job Disease Management Specialist in Hawaii | 2021
Disease Management Specialist
Company : Federal Services
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Hawaii
Position Purpose:May include one or two areas of focus in support of disease management education and resource health information services to beneficiaries experiencing lifestyle changes, personal stress, anxiety and/or depression. This includes providing initial screening for appropriateness and type of information, whether local or national resources, while working on the telephone to empower the beneficiary to better self manage the disease and communication with their provider.
- Demonstrates regular, reliable and predictable attendance.
One-on-one and group based disease management education by telephone.
- Initial and post-intervention patient assessment.
- Program planning and update meetings.
Inbound Resource Line Education:
One-on-one and group heath resource information.
- Conducts brief needs assessment to assist the beneficiary and identify resources needed to assist with the appropriate condition presented by the beneficiary and/or group.
Maintains current information on available resources including programs available, cost, and resource contact information.
Conducts individual needs assessments and provides related resource information to beneficiaries.
Conducts brief post intervention follow-up calls.
Develops and maintains policies and procedures.
Mediates calls to next level within the organization of patient/beneficiary service delivery appropriateness.
Obtains continuing education/training as required by supervisor.
Degree or related education for disease specialty
Minimum two years experience with disease-specific education, either outbound or resource line service
- Certification and/or License requirement varies based on area of disease management specialty. Candidate may have one of the following: Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW), Diabetes Educator, Marriage and Family Therapist or Registered Nurse (RN), and preference that candidate is working toward a Clinical License within application of specified area is highly desirable.
Government Security/Clearance/Citizenship Requirements:
This position will be supporting a Federal government contract, therefore it requires U. S. citizenship and proof of favorable adjudication following submission of Department of Defense form SF86 or higher security.
Centene is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity, and values the ways in which we are different. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or other characteristic protected by applicable law.
Source : Indded