New job Disabled Veteran Outreach Program Advisor in North Dakota | 2021
Disabled Veteran Outreach Program Advisor
Company : North Dakota State Government
Salary : $3,728 - $4,394 a month
Location : North Dakota
Meeting Workforce Needs ~ Purposeful. Respectful. Collaborative. Loyal
Department: Workforce Center, Local Office, Minot, ND
Full-Time Position up to 40hrs/wk
JSND Hiring Range: $3728-$4394 per month
Benefits included but not limited to
- Accrue 12 vacation days during your first year of service
- Accrue 12 days of sick leave annually
- Earn $250 per year through wellness and activities
- Participation in a group health insurance program with total premium paid for by the state
- Participation in a group life insurance plan
- Become a member of the NDPERS retirement plan in which the state contributes 12.26%
- Vested after 36 months of employment
- Ten paid holidays a year
Summary of Work
Provide a full range of intensive services to veterans and eligible spouses of veterans to help them to overcome significant barriers and secure satisfactory employment. This process includes objective assessments, facilitated labor market research, career and vocational guidance, referals to training, job developments, referals to employment/career opportunities, and individualized case management (as necessary). Primary target groups for this position include, but are not limited to, veterans that are disabled, homeless, recently separated, offenders, low income, transitioning from active service, 18-24 years of age, and wounded, ill, or injured service members. Maintain thorough knowledge and understanding of the full range of services offered to veterans by Job Service North Dakota and its workforce partners. Facilitate employment workshops for veterans. Travel is required for training and to perform outreach activities to locate veterans who could benefit from intensive services through contacts such as local veterans’ service organizations, the VA, County Veteran’s Service Officers, and other community-based organizations. Prepare management reports on services to Veterans.
Requires a high school diploma and six years of work experience performing customer or employment service duties of progressively increasing complexity that involved providing information and assistance to customers within an organization that offers a variety of products or services. Work experience normally includes receiving and analyzing information, determining an appropriate solution from several alternatives, and assisting or directing customers in implementing and completing necessary steps to resolve issues or satisfy inquiries. Applicant must be a veteran in accordance with Title 38 U.S.C. 4103A, Disabled Veterans Outreach Program.
The preferred candidate will have outstanding customer service skills and a demonstrated commitment to working with and serving veterans. Active involvement with veteran organizations and experience assisting veterans in employment will be recognized. The preferred candidate will highlight skills obtained providing case management services to individuals. Preference will be given to applicants with group facilitation/presentation experience.
All application material must be received on or before 11:59 p.m. on the closing date.
- JSND does not provide sponsorships.
- Applications will ONLY be accepted online through the ND PeopleSoft System.
- In addition to the online application, applicants should upload the following documents
- Cover letter (addressed to Human Resources Division);
- Copy of their college transcript (if required as a minimum qualification or if using to substitute for experience requirement); and
- At least three business references with contact information.
- Applications will be scored based on a 100-point job related personnel system.
- Application materials should include information which clearly articulates how you (the applicant) meet the position’s minimum qualifications and can perform the summary of work. It is very important to be thorough and detailed on all your application materials.
- For accommodation or assistance with the application or selection process, a complete Job Description Questionnaire; contact one of the following individuals in advance of the position closing date:
- Jason Sutheimer, SPHR, SHRM-SCP at (701) 328-2840 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Leslie Deglman, SHRM-CP at (701) 328-2151 or email@example.com
- For questions regarding the position's duties or requirements; contact the following individual(s) in advance of the position closing date:
- Susan at (701) 857-7544
TTY users may use Relay North Dakota at 711 or 1-800-366-6888.
Equal Employment Opportunity
The State of North Dakota and this hiring agency do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex (including sexual orientation and gender identity), genetics, religion, age or disability in employment or the provisions of services and complies with the provisions of the North Dakota Human Rights Act.
As an employer, the State of North Dakota prohibits smoking in all places of state employment in accordance with N.D.C.C. § 23-12-10.