New job Director of Divisional Operations - Michigan in Michigan | 2021
Director of Divisional Operations - Michigan
Company : National Veterinary Associates
Salary : Details not provided
National Veterinary Associates has an exciting opportunity to join our team of talented division leaders, who lead regional multi-site operations for our veterinary hospitals and pet resorts. We are currently looking to add a Director of Divisional Operations overseeing a group veterinary practices across several southern states. This position can be based out of a home office anywhere in Michigan with access to a major airport.
National Veterinary Associates (NVA) is the largest independent owner of veterinary hospitals and pet resorts in the United States. We are backed by Private Equity Funds and own or partner with over 700 General Practice Hospitals, Specialty and ER hospitals, and Pet Resorts in the US, Canada, Australia, New Zealand and Singapore. With over 12,000 animal health professionals, our mission is “to improve the comfort and well-being of pets by providing progressive and compassionate care.” Our many veterinarians provide a full range of medical and surgical services, and our local hospital and pet resort leaders embody the entrepreneurial spirit in which NVA was created. NVA believes in putting clients and community first, engaging with respect and integrity, and making a lasting and positive impact by working as a team.
The pet industry is large, rapidly growing, and dynamic. Over 60% of American households own pets, and the industry is projected to reach $96 billion in 2020, with steady upward trajectory. Younger generations are waiting longer to get married and have children, and in the meantime are “humanizing” their pets and spending more than ever on their four-legged family members. There is a high level of M&A and investment activity, driven by the realignment of service providers, pet retailers, and marketers who are reacting to consumer trends and a healthy e-commerce market. Additionally, there is a proliferation of pet-tech platforms, services and products that are targeting digitally savvy businesses and consumers across both veterinary health and non-medical pet care services.
Due to growth in the market, NVA is seeking to hire a Director of Divisional Operations.
- Oversee day-to-day operations of 20+ veterinary hospitals with full P&L responsibility of over $45M
- The successful candidate will work directly with the hospitals to improve processes & profitability, including identifying and implementing local growth initiatives
- The individual will build and maintain exceptional relationships with hospital administrators, medical directors, and their teams. This will extend to new practices as they are acquired, preserving their unique cultures as the hospitals grow
- Opportunity to frequently travel in the field to support business decisions, leadership development, and operational efficiency - all critical to success
- Balance the need for preserving each unique hospital culture, while ensuring future positive growth and innovation
The Director will report directly to the Vice President of Operations – Brent Trinacty.
Qualifications & Competencies
- Multi-site, multi-unit experience including full P&L responsibility, with the ability to adapt to a flexible location management model versus conformation to rigid standardization.
- Demonstrated business acumen and knowledge of staffing, capacity, ROI, budget, margins, service and product offerings, to implement and drive strategic and relevant operational outcomes.
- Results Orientation as demonstrated by strong business planning skills and the ability to instill a sense of ownership and accountability in organizations. He/She will communicate objectives clearly to their teams; define meaningful performance measures, follow up regularly and provide coaching and assistance toward meeting goals
- Team Leadership and Collaboration as demonstrated by the ability to ability to build relationships with local management teams, delegate appropriately, use the talents of the team in the best combination, and actively engage the team in collective problem-solving
- Strategic Orientation as demonstrated by translating a vision into actionable plans and activities. He/She will have the ability to contribute to the company’s overall strategy, resolve strategic issues, and help manage operations effectively to achieve objectives
- Commercial Orientation as demonstrated through improving profitability with a focus on revenue including as service mix and pricing, and improving same store growth/margins
- Time management skills to manage priorities across and within several hospitals; ability to ruthless prioritize task and opportunities