New job Director, Assessment in Michigan | 2021
Company : Northcentral University
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Michigan
What We Are Looking For
NCU is currently seeking a dynamic individual to become part of our School of Business team as the Director of Assessment.
Reporting to the Dean of the School, the Director of Assessment collaborates with the Director of Curriculum and supports all School and University constituencies with the assessment of student learning and program effectiveness. The Director of Assessment is responsible for managing the coordination, implementation, and analysis of assessment data for the School and its programs. The Director of Assessment works collaboratively with the Office of Assessment & Institutional Research (OAIR) and School faculty to collect, evaluate and assess data pertinent to the School. The Director of Assessment also oversees all quality control procedures to assure the collection of assessment information for the School.
- Act as the manager for all activities connected to the assessment of educational outcomes for the School
- Act as the primary point of contact between the School and the Office of Assessment & Institutional Research (OAIR) in relation to the development and administration of assessment instruments
- Coordinate the faculty review and evaluation of assessment data to complete assessment processes for the School
- Manage the development, implementation, and overall quality control of scoring instruments (rubrics) for the School
- Ensure the integration of all School program data into the assessment protocols and procedures
- Working in collaboration with the Dean, act as the primary point of contact regarding ACBSP accreditation, state approvals of the curriculum, and preparation of the self-study and Q/A reports
- Teach courses within the School as negotiated with the Dean
- Act as the School’s manager and primary point of contact in relation to the use of the univerity’s assessment management tool
- Assist OAIR personnel (and other as applicable) in the development of training for students and faculty to use the assessment management tool for the School
- Work with OAIR personnel to develop a strategic assessment plan for the School which directly supports the University’s Strategic Assessment Plan
- Produce reports as needed based on assessment results collected by and maintained in the assessment management system,
- Produce reports from data collecteed by Northcentral University that can be used to improve the student learning experience such as retention and attrition statistics.
- Communicate student assessment results with School personnel, administration, and faculty
- Assist School personnel with any other assessment or research related activities
- Serve as a member of the School’s Leadership Team and collaborate on School projects as needed
- Maintains professional involvement through state, regional, and national associations
- Promotes a graduate culture of scholarship, teaching, service, and practice.
- Complete all required professional development activities as defined in the Faculty Handbook
- Reasonable and consistent attendance to fulfill requirements of the position
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Experience with higher education academic assessment theory and practice Skill in collaborating with multiple constituencies to conduct assessment and research
- Awareness of current trends and directions in assessment in higher education
- Excellent verbal and written communication, and interpersonal and organizational skills; ability to present assessment data clearly to a wide range of audiences
- Ability to complete projects within expected timeframes
- Proficient with Microsoft Word and other applications in the Microsoft Office Suite.
- Experience in using an assessment management system such as TaskStream, LiveText, or TK20 preferred
Education and Experience
- Doctoral degree required, business discipline preferred
- Minimum of three (3) years of experience working in a higher education environment required
- A background in educational assessment and research preferred
- Experience using statistical analysis
- Experience in higher education
- Experience working in a technology-driven enterprise preferred.
- All skills, abilities and education will be considered for minimum qualifications.
This position operates in a remote, home office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, printers, and phones.
Who We Are
Northcentral University (NCU) is a private, nonprofit, online University and a proud affiliate of the National University System with its headquarters in California. We are a graduate university, and a global leader in providing access to regionally-accredited higher education.
NCU offers doctoral, master’s and bachelor’s degrees in business, education, and psychology, as well as doctoral and master’s degrees in technology, health sciences and marriage and family therapy. Our collective goal at Northcentral University is to improve the human condition through the provision of high-quality online degree programs.
NCU was founded in 1996 to provide working professionals around the world with access to a richly- engaging, professionally-relevant, and academically-rigorous educational programs. Today, we continue to serve that mission. Many students at NCU are first-generation graduate students seeking to contribute to their communities through their pursuit of academic growth, research, and practice.
Though we support faculty and student research, NCU is a teaching university. Our faculty dedicate themselves to serving students through a pedagogical model of Teaching through Engagement (TTE). The goal is for all NCU students, faculty and team members to be actively engaged within the University community. Engagement is more than just grading and giving feedback, it is an active relationship between faculty and student, a give and take of ideas and information.
NCU offers a one-to-one learning model, where one student is paired with one professor in each course, creating a more personalized, individual experience for students. These experiences are enhanced by professors’ real-world, practical experience. All NCU faculty hold doctoral degrees.
At NCU, we are widening access to education and reducing educational divides. We are proud of the educational opportunities that we provide, and we recognize that providing this kind of access to all students takes work and collaborative effort. We value diversity of people, thoughts, and ideas. Our global reach affords us the opportunity to teach and learn the significance of diversity – and the power it brings to our endeavors.
Take advantage of this exciting opportunity to join a growing team of passionate individuals. Are you ready to take advantage of this exciting opportunity to join a growing team of passionate individuals who work together to help others fulfill their dreams through higher education?