New job CYCLE COUNTER - DISTRIBUTION CENTER in Mississippi | 2021
CYCLE COUNTER - DISTRIBUTION CENTER
Company : Dollar General
Salary : Details not provided
KNOWLEDGE and SKILLS:
- Intermediate math skills and analytical skills.
- Computer skills: ability to navigate specific WMS inventory control programs and Island Pacific programs; understanding of Microsoft software such as Excel and Word.
- Knowledge of UPC functionality and food date codes.
- Knowledgeable of packing and shipping units; understanding of receiving process.
- Knowledgeable of adjustment accounting such as net and absolute adjustments.
- Knowledgeable of warehouse operations to include layout and types of storage devices.
- Ability to eliminate distractions and to be able to concentrate and analyze during the counting process.
- Forklift/MUOP license required.
- Warehouse experience preferred.
- Prior work experience dealing with inventory or numbers preferred.
- Educational background with satisfactory results in math; post high school education preferred.
- Heavy lifting up to 65 pounds.
- Exposure to heights above 10 feet.
- Walking long distances.
- Bending, stooping, squatting, and kneeling on a repetitious basis.
- Cycle Counter Lead: works mostly in an office setting, but will occasionally be in distribution center.
- Cycle Counter: continuous exposure to heat, cold, dust, lighting, and noise; work is conducted in high traffic areas.
Dollar General Corporation is an equal opportunity employer.
Calibrates inventory accuracy of warehouse and pick line locations on which inventory flow (reorder) decisions are based.
DUTIES and ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Counts each pick line and storage location for items displayed in the cycle count work queue.
- Verifies packing, retail price, and description for items being cycle counted.
- Researches and reconciles all findings daily.
- Troubleshoots inventory problems and reports inventory issues that require immediate attention to area supervisor.
- Adjusts existing inventory data when necessary.
- Completes all SBCC counts daily.
- Completes all system scheduled counts, control group counts, and food counts daily.
- Participates in ESS sampling and performs counts with external auditor.
- Programs, troubleshoots problems with, and operates radio frequency units.
- Meets and maintains safety, quality and productivity standards.