New job Contract Administrative Assistant in Beverly Hills, CA | 2021
Contract Administrative Assistant
Company : City of Beverly Hills, CA
Salary : Details not provided
Who We Are
The City of Beverly Hills has a long-standing reputation for providing superior customer service to residents, businesses, and visitors. This characteristic, combined with outstanding staff in all departments, has been a hallmark of success for this high performance organization. The municipal government (approximately 1,080 full-time and part-time employees) provides the highest quality safety services, recreational, municipal services, and physical environment.
What We Do
The Public Works Department provides a variety of services related to the development, construction, inspection, improvement, and maintenance of the City's infrastructure. This infrastructure includes traffic lights, sidewalks, streetlights, and roadways. In addition, Public Works runs the following enterprise operations: Water, Solid Waste, Wastewater, Stormwater, Parking Operations, and Urban Forestry and Parks Maintenance.
What We're Looking For
The City of Beverly Hills Public Works Department is seeking a highly motivated and qualified candidate for the Contract Administrative Assistant position to provide technical and administrative assistance. The incumbent will be responsible for performing complex contract and procurement support duties, including compiling and evaluating data, preparing legal documents including contracts, assisting with procurement activities, including Requests for Proposals, processing billing and financial records, tracking project status and coordinating assigned activities with City staff, departments, outside agencies, and the general public.
All applicants must submit clear, concise and complete information regarding their qualifications for the position, including detailed responses to all supplemental questions. Resumes will not be accepted in lieu of the application or supplemental application materials.
This is an open competitive recruitment process. This recruitment will remain open until Friday, April 2, 2021. The best qualifying candidates will be invited to a written exam, which is tentatively scheduled for the week of April 19, 2021 (date is subject to change). All candidates who pass the written exam will be invited to participate in a first round interview, which is tentatively scheduled for the week of May 3, 2021 (date is subject to change). All candidates who pass the first round interview will earn placement on an eligibility list, which may be used for current and future vacancies in the job classification.
This position is represented by the Municipal Employee's Association (MEA) and is covered by the negotiated terms and conditions of that Association's Memorandum of Understanding (MOU). Additional details may be found in the MEA MOU, a copy of which is located at www.beverlyhills.org/mou.
As a finalist for a job, you will be fingerprinted, and your fingerprints will be sent to the California Department of Justice (DOJ) and the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI). The resulting report of your conviction history (if any) will be used to determine whether the nature of your conviction (or arrest, in limited circumstances) conflicts with the specific duties and responsibilities of the job for which you are a finalist. Having a conviction history does not automatically preclude you from a job with the City. If you are selected as a finalist, you will be contacted to schedule a fingerprinting appointment.
Verification: Applicants may be required to submit verification of qualifying education and experience at any point during the recruitment and selection process. Note: Falsifying one's education, training, or work experience or attempted deception on the application may result in disqualification for this and future job opportunities with the City of Beverly Hills.
Disaster Service Workers: All City of Beverly Hills employees are designated Disaster Service Workers through state and local law (California Government Code Section 3100-3109). Employment with the City requires the affirmation of a loyalty oath to this effect. Employees are required to complete all Disaster Service Worker-related training as assigned, and to return to work as ordered in the event of an emergency.
- Analyzes, coordinates and recommends for processing, action on contracts and payment requests, prepares a wide variety of reports, letters, memos and change order documents.
- Responds to requests for information on regulations, procedures, and systems; researches, compiles and analyzes data for special projects; collects and assembles data and background materials for a variety of reports.
- Functions on a "paraprofessional" level in an administrative support role on smaller capital projects interfacing with the client department and design consultant.
- Responsible for preparation of change order documents from beginning to completion; performs bookkeeping and accounting functions; reviews contract documents and makes recommendations for payments, changes and/or actions; prepares documents associated with Requests For Proposals.
- Maintains records of budget expenditures and processes invoices and associated purchasing documents; prepares a variety of budget reports and financial analysis for projects; and assists in the budget preparation.
- Performs administrative functions, which do not require technical engineering knowledge; assembles bid documents and follows through until bid has been awarded; coordinates paperwork, schedules, and documentation.
- Maintains the filing system for the office; sorts and files documents and records
- Performs related duties as assigned.
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Any combination of experience and education that provides equivalent knowledge, skills and abilities sufficient to satisfactorily perform the duties of the job may be substituted.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Knowledge of organization, administration, budget and accounting principals and practices.
- General knowledge and familiarity with architectural construction terminology and contracts.
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing.
- Ability to work cooperatively with staff, architects, contractors, consultants, and other department personnel.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
Job Type: Full-time