New job Computer Operator in Mississippi | 2021
Company : SAIC
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Mississippi
Job ID: 214517
Location: STENNIS SPACE CENTER , MS , US
Date Posted: 2021-03-24
Category: Information Technology
Subcategory: Technical Support
Shift: Day Job
Minimum Clearance Required: None
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Secret
Potential for Remote Work: No
A leader in the exciting and growing field of High Performance Computing (HPC) is searching for a Computer Operator to join our operations team supporting the Department of Defense (DoD) High Performance Computing Modernization Program (DoD HPCMP) located at the Navy DoD Supercomputing Resource Center (NAVY DSRC) at Stennis Space Center, MS.
The successful candidate will be part of a team of operators charged with monitoring systems, servers, ancillary support and facility support systems ensuring that these systems are running properly. If not working in accordance with established parameters, follow required escalation procedures to appropriate Tier 2 and 3 responders. Under direct supervision and through on the job training, the successful candidate will perform established tasks to include:
- Performing required hourly and daily system checks in accordance with prescribed schedules
- Keeping the task manager informed of any unusual conditions or problems encountered in the performance of daily duties
- Accurately maintaining all system logs
- Generating trouble tickets for tier 2 and 3 support
- Providing plotter and scanner support for the production and duplication of client graphics.
- Providing environmental monitoring to include visual checks and audible alarms and take appropriate actions to escalate issues to the task manager or shift supervisor
- Operating and monitoring the center Camera Monitoring Control system and reporting any discrepancies encountered.
- Responding to the fire alarm panel and support FM200 system operation when required.
- Assisting with environment monitoring of the operations center and provide, when required, assistance to first responders.
- Ensuring that all established safety and security procedures are being followed.
Education and Experience:
- AA Degree in related discipline; Or, High School and up to two (2) years of related experience
- Ability to work shift work, encompassing a 24X7X365 schedule including all holidays and weekends. Candidate may be required to participate in support of the center during inclement weather events
- Must be a US Citizen and have the ability to obtain an interim Secret Secuirty Clearance to begin working on the contract. Must be able to obtain the full Secret Security Clearance. SAIC will assist with the process of obtaining the interim Secret clearance for the qualified candidate.
- Operating a desktop computer in accordance with detailed instructions
- A valid driver’s license to be able to operate a Government vehicle in the performance of exterior checks at remote locations within the SSC foot print
Desired Skills and experience:
- Possess excellent communication skills and ability to effectively interact with support staff, users, and management
- Process organizational skills to balance and prioritize work in a dynamic work environment, and persistence to follow-through on tasks in the face of obstacles
- Ability to work as part of a multi-faceted dynamic team
- Prior customer facing experience
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's modernization and readiness challenges. Our offerings across defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets include high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission outcomes. We integrate the best components from our portfolio with our partner's ecosystem to deliver innovative and effective solutions. We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, VA, SAIC has annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For information, visit saic.com or Working at SAIC for benefits details.SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer empowering people no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or veteran status. We strive to create a diverse, inclusive and respectful work culture that values all.