New job Community Relations Support Administrator in Wisconsin | 2021
Community Relations Support Administrator
Company : Goodwill TalentBridge
Salary : $20 - $21 an hour
Location : Wisconsin
Goodwill TalentBridge, a full service staffing and recruitment firm, is part of Goodwill Industries of Southeastern Wisconsin and Metropolitan Chicago, the largest of the 165 Goodwill territories in North America. With more than 90 years of experience in Workforce Development and job training, Goodwill is helping thousands of people find work in the communities we serve, including 13 counties in Wisconsin and 10 counties in Illinois.
Goodwill TalentBridge, along with our Internal Client, is recruiting for a Community Relations Support Administrator to work in the Greendale, WI area.
The Community Relations Support Administrator is responsible for assisting the Community Relations Department with projects, administrative tasks, and other duties as needed. Implements strategies to achieve the goals for the organization and comprehensive community engagement services. Develops and executes assigned project work from concept to completion. Implements, revises, and sustains policies, procedures and programs. Typically works on projects and initiatives that span 3 – 12 months.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES
- Project and Change Management: Effectively plans and manages own work to reliably complete routine job responsibilities and special assignments. May serve as a team member or subject matter expert on formal projects or within the department. Effectively engages in change affecting her/him, communicating appropriately with supervisor. Follows through on learning, skill building, and practice necessary to adapt to change.
- Problem Solving: Light supervision; works independently. Periodic review of work by manager or senior coworker. Solves problems of moderate to advanced complexity; able to identify root cause, interpret data and resolve issues.
- Technical Skill: Understands and applies professional principles and skills within area of specialization to modify processes to resolve situations.
- Community Engagement: Champions community engagement initiatives and serves as an ambassador in the wider community.
- Manages the intake, prioritization, routing, fulfillment, tracking and reporting of community sponsorship requests, ensuring timely communication with internal stakeholders and community partners. Facilitates partner requests for Community Cares community assistance program.
- Completes a broad variety of administrative tasks including: managing a calendar of appointments, preparing correspondence, and completing expense / corporate credit card reports.
- Coordinate requisitions/purchase orders for vendors, advertisers, sponsorships, office supplies and other expenses. Filing them as necessary.
- Acts as administrator for department content management systems, compliance records, and materials management.
- Responsible for the collection, management, analysis, and reporting (regular or ad hoc) of data from multiple systems and data sources in support of operational decision making and other needs.
- Coordinates, promotes and supports tracking employee volunteer activities. Manages special events and community engagement activities as assigned.
- Supports Community Relations activities to include reports, proposals, scripts, content for newsletters and community partner updates and other writing projects as assigned.
- Supports continuous improvement efforts by communicating opportunities to leadership, acting as necessary, and maintaining accurate process and procedure documentation.
- Develops and maintains strong relationships and open communication across the organization promoting awareness and engagement of Community Relations efforts.
- Participates in key leadership meetings. Assists in developing agendas, action items, follow-up and coordination of logistics.
- Prioritizes appropriately among multiple requests, stakeholders, and competing demands as necessary. Aligns individual actions with team and organizational goals.
- Coordinates events, training sessions, and other gathering logistics (virtual and in-person) (i.e. registration, materials, supplies, room set up, catering, etc.)
- Responsible for completing other duties/responsibilities as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- Two years of college education or experience equivalency, and a minimum of 3 years’ experience.
- Experience in community engagement, government relations, communications or similar field.
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced and demanding environment using good judgement skills, while providing excellent customer service.
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communications that are: clear, concise, engaging, business-oriented, and adaptable to various audiences.
- Strong research and analytical skills.
- Strong PC skills, including proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, particularly Word, Excel, and Publisher. Also experience with database management software.
- First Shift: Monday thru Friday 8am-5pm
- Pay Rate: $20-21/hr
How to Apply:
Please click "Apply Online" below and search Job Number 87021
Equal Opportunity Employer