New job Communications Intern in Minnesota | 2021
Company : Bolton and Menk Inc.
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Minnesota
Bolton & Menk has a great opportunity for Project Communications Intern to join us for a summer internship. This position can be based in either our Burnsville or downtown Minneapolis office.
In this role you will be assisting our Project Communications Specialists with external communications and community outreach efforts for construction related projects in the Twin Cities metro area. These efforts will occur during all phases of the project including planning, design, construction and maintenance.
We are looking for a self-motivated individual who has strong writing and editing skills along with ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects at once.
This internship period will be May - August 2021.
In this role, your primary duties will include:
- Assist with construction communications and coordination of communications related to construction projects and tracking marketing efforts.
- Serve as the liaison between the project team and the community on one or multiple projects
- Attend weekly meetings with project team and perform general clerical duties
- Create project materials such as newsletters, project updates, notices, maps, and social media posts
- Manage resident phone and email hotline
- Assist with setup and cleanup of construction related events and meetings
- Currently pursuing a Bachelor’s Degree in Communications, Marketing, Journalism or related field from an accredited college or university
- Past experience in the marketing field; event management; proposal preparation; social media/blogging, graphic design
- Past experience working with the public on construction projects is highly preferred, though not required
- Ability to prepare effective and concise documents, free of grammatical and spelling errors
- Proficient in MS Word, PowerPoint
- Proficient with Adobe programs, such as InDesign, Photoshop, and Illustrator
WHY BOLTON & MENK?
Work with a creative and hardworking team, who believe in client satisfaction and building relationships. For over 70 years Bolton & Menk, Inc. has served public and private clients with comprehensive planning, design and construction engineering and surveying services. The employees at Bolton & Menk are seeking hard working and ambitious co-workers to join us to deliver tomorrow’s leading infrastructure projects. Bolton & Menk is employee-owned, is ranked among ENR’s Top 500 Design Firms and is a Top 150 Workplace in Minnesota. With over 550 employees and 23 offices in Minnesota, Iowa, North Dakota, North Carolina and South Carolina, there are always new challenges and career development opportunities available.
We're Social! Connect with us on Twitter @BoltonandMenk or on Facebook at BoltonandMenk
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest in this position, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Bolton & Menk does not accept unsolicited resumes from individual recruiters or third-party agencies in response to Bolton & Menk job postings. No fee will be paid to third parties who submit unsolicited candidates directly to our hiring managers. Pre-approval from the Bolton & Menk Talent Acquisition team is required before any external candidate can be submitted and such candidate must be submitted to the Bolton & Menk Talent Acquisition team.
Bolton & Menk, Inc., is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer.