New job CHIEF DISTRIBUTION OFFICER in Rhode Island | 2021
CHIEF DISTRIBUTION OFFICER
Company : State of Rhode Island
Salary : $66,511 - $75,308 a year
Location : Rhode Island
GENERAL STATEMENT OF DUTIES: To be responsible for administering and supervising the service functions of the State's central warehouse facilities; to plan, develop and maintain modern warehouse and distribution facilities and services; also to be responsible for assisting in the same manner the acquisition and distribution of Federal Surplus Property made available by the General Services Administration; and to do related work as required.
SUPERVISION RECEIVED: Works under the direction of a superior with wide latitude for the exercise of independent judgement; work is reviewed for results obtained and for conformance to established policies and procedures.
SUPERVISION EXERCISED: Plans, organizes and reviews the work of the staff of the central warehouse.
- To be responsible for administering and supervising the service functions of the State's central warehouse facilities, including the reception, inspection, storage, inventory and distribution of food, household, stationery and other items.
- To plan, develop and maintain modern warehouse and distribution facilities and services.
- To establish operational procedures for warehouse and distribution functions.
- To insure that proper records are maintained in order to account for all goods passing through the central warehouse facilities.
- To be responsible for administering an inspection program to insure that food, supplies, equipment and materials comply with the State’s specifications.
- To be responsible for a state-wide program of food distribution for the school lunch program and to organizations eligible for federal surplus food programs.
- To coordinate the services of the central warehouse facilities with federal, state and local agencies.
- To be responsible for the administration of a state-wide program of Federal Surplus Property distribution.
- To do related work as required.
KNOWLEDGES, SKILLS AND CAPACITIES: A thorough knowledge of the principles, practices and procedures in the reception, inspection, storage, inventory and distribution of food, household, stationery and other items; the ability to administer the functions of a central warehouse facility; the ability to supervise a staff engaged in the storage, inspection and distribution of a wide variety of items including perishable food commodities; the ability to recognize, analyze and develop solutions to problems involved in central warehouse and distribution facilities; the ability to establish effective working relationships with officials of agencies utilizing the unit's services and programs; and related capacities and abilities.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Education: Such as may have been gained through: graduation from a college of recognized standing with specialization in business administration; and
Experience: Such as may have been gained through: public or private employment in a responsible supervisory capacity in warehousing and distribution.
Or, any combination of education and experience that shall be substantially equivalent to the above education and experience.
Candidate must have a true working knowledge of warehouse operations such as space allocation, delivery schedules, routing schedules, inventory cycles, equipment maintenance. The use of inventory scanning systems, automated ordering systems as well as a detailed knowledge of state office business practices such as billing user agencies, receipt of payments, the writing of product specifications and coordination with state agencies such as Accounts and Control and the Division of Purchasing. Dealing with multiple vendors on a continual basis for the ordering and receipt of products for the Central Distribution Center.