New job CAREER SPECIALIST-03242021-16307 in Tennessee | 2021
Company : State of Tennessee
Salary : $30,156 a year
Location : Tennessee
LOCATION OF (1) POSITION TO BE FILLED: DEPARTMENT OF LABOR AND WORKFORCE DEVELOPMENT, WORKFORCE SERVICES DIVISION, CUMBERLAND COUNTY
- may be required to travel;
- possession of a valid motor vehicle operator’s license.
- Effectively resolves difficult situations with peers and clients, and knows when to elevate the issue to the supervisor level.
- Maintains extensive program records and reports to keep accurate statistical data on all clients for federal and internal reporting requirements.
- Enters and updates client information into relevant systems to update records and data bases.
- Analyzes client and program information to determine the most appropriate customized solution for each client.
- Uses an innovative approach to customize solutions for each client.
- Assists client in developing goals and strategies, tracks client’s progress, and stays in contact with client to help reach the desired outcomes.
- Explains and interprets program guidelines to clients concerning various programs, policies, rules and regulations.
- Uses effective communication to provide outreach to employers, community leaders and groups to promote Career Center services and develop potential job sources.
- Communicates with employers to post their job announcements and gather results of recruitment process.
- May contact employer or educational institutions to verify client information for various programs.
- Uses electronic data, phone interviews, and/or in-person interviews, to obtain pertinent information on education, work skills and abilities.
- Obtains information for employment eligibility and to determine appropriate programs and/or points of contact for each client.
- May facilitate workshops to assist clients with reaching a job ready status and/or program participant compliance.
- Provides professional customer service to every client, both internal and external.
- May schedule and facilitate skill and pre-employment assessments in service to employers or partners.
- Refers applicants to prospective employers, counseling services or training programs to facilitate their subsequent employment.
- Effectively and consistently communicates with supervisor for reporting requirements, providing feedback, and activities and events within the course of duties.
- Effectively and consistently communicates with peers to build and maintain teamwork, partnerships, and cooperation between coworkers and offices.
- Assists clients in updating electronic information in applicable web-based programs.
- Maintains proficient computer skills for the successful operation of programs.
- Functional/Technical Competency
- Time Management
- Action Oriented
- Written Communication
- Customer Focus
- Ethics and Values
- Integrity and Trust
- Customer and Personal Service
- Administration and Management
- Education and Training
- Personnel and Human Resources
- Sales and Marketing
- Basic Mathematics
- Law and Government
- Active Listening
- Reading Comprehension
- Judgment and Decision Making
- Time Management
- Service Orientation
- Active Learning
- Social Perceptiveness
- Critical Thinking
- Complex Problem Solving
- Learning Strategies
- Trouble Shooting
- Written Expression
- Oral Comprehension
- Written Comprehension
- Oral Expression
- Problem Sensitivity
- Time Sharing
- Selective Attention
- Deductive Reasoning
- Speed of Closure
- Category Flexibility
- Fluency of Ideas
- Inductive Reasoning
Tools and Equipment Used
- Personal Computer
- Fax Machine
- Motor Vehicle