New job Business Officer I in Graham, NC 27253 | 2021
Business Officer I
Company : Alamance County Government
Salary : $49,652 a year
Location : Graham, NC 27253
Within this position the employee works independently under limited supervision with administrative work as a business manager of Alamance County’s Department of Social Services. The successful candidate will be one that has the ability to plan and direct discal and business services with a solid background of purchasing knowledge and accounting practices and procedures. This position reports to the Assistant Director of Operations.
- Provides supervision of fiscal operations, purchasing, auxiliary enterprises and other managerial functions.
- Coordinates the evaluation, selection and ordering of safety equipment.
- Researches and resolves fiscal and procurement issues escalated by subordinate staff or referred by adminstration.
- Participates in long and short term strategic goals and planning.
- Interprets and or modifies policies and procedures to facilitate and esnure the applicaion of sound business practices.
- Accountability - Ability to accept responsibility and account for his/her actions.
- Accuracy - Ability to perform work accurately and thoroughly.
- Analytical – Ability to analyze statistical data, keep accurate records and complete reports.
- Autonomy – Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Communication, Oral - Ability to communicate effectively with others using the spoken word.
- Communication, Written - Ability to communicate in writing clearly and concisely.
- Customer Oriented - Ability to take care of the customers' needs while following company procedures.
- Ethical - Ability to demonstrate conduct conforming to a set of values and accepted standards.
- Honesty / Integrity - Ability to be truthful, maintain high level of confidentiality and be seen as credible in the workplace.
- Judgment – Ability to use good judgment and discretion as it relates to interpreting policies and procedures.
- Multitasker – Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- Person of Influence – Ability to gain acceptance of others even in sensitive situations.
- Problem Solving - Ability to find a solution for or to deal proactively with work-related problems.
- Relationship Building - Ability to effectively build relationships with customers and co-workers.
- Safety-Minded – Creating a safe work environment; managing risks; reducing exposure liabilities.
- Time Management - Ability to utilize the available time to organize and complete work within given deadlines.
Computer Skills: Prior computer skills experience with Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel and PowerPoint).
License/Credentials: Possession of a valid NC driver's license.
N (Not Applicable) Activity is not applicable to this position.
O (Occasionally) Position requires this activity up to 33% of the time (0 - 2.5+ hrs./day)
F (Frequently) Position requires this activity from 33% - 66% of the time (2.5 - 5.5+ hrs./day)
C (Constantly) Position requires this activity more than 66% of the time (5.5+ hrs./day)
Manually Manipulate O
Reach Outward O
Reach Above Shoulder O
Squat or Kneel O
10 lbs. or less O
11-20 lbs. O
21-50 lbs. O
51-100 lbs. O
Over 100 lbs. O
12 lbs. or less O
13-25 lbs. O
26-40 lbs. O
41-100 lbs. O
Other Physical Requirements
- Vision (Near, Distance, Peripheral)
Work is performed in an office environment that requires the need to be sensitive to change and responsive to changing goals, priorities and needs.