New job Business Application Support Specialist in North Dakota | 2021
Business Application Support Specialist
Company : North Dakota State Government
Salary : $3,863 - $5,300 a month
Hiring Range: $3,863.00 - $5,300.00
Do you have a strong passion to change the world? Do you believe that you can make the lives of people better with technology? North Dakota Information Technology (NDIT) is seeking a candidate that has the same passion to Empower People, Improve Lives, Inspire Success, and deliver world class technology through business application support for NDIT and other state agencies. The successful business application support specialist will be a leader who enjoys working with people in a collaborative environment, who can learn quickly in a rapidly changing technology landscape, and who embodies the core values that we follow as public servants for the State of ND: Gratitude, Humility, Curiosity, and Courage.
Summary of Work
The business application support specialist will provide support and administration to enterprise business applications like myAvatar, including the response to incidents, request processing and daily administration tasks associated with the applications. The successful candidate will deliver exceptional customer service and support services to our clients to ensure long term relationships with high client satisfaction using ITIL Methodologies. This role must have strong client relationship skills and be able to independently resolve client satisfaction escalations and facilitate technical escalation when required.
The application support technician will need to have strong technical and analytical skills, attention to detail, and strong communication skills in responding to customer inquiries as well as communicating priorities and issues to stakeholders.
Duties and Tasks
- Maintain strong technical knowledge and understanding of the myAvatar, Workforce Time & Attendance application including integrations like MModal, Telehealth, Harvest LIS
- Monitor, coordinate and resolve incidents and/or changes requested by customers and internal staff
- Identify, document, and clearly articulate operational functions and work with business analysts to identify improvement opportunities
- Maintain records and update/create documentation as necessary.
- Assist with after-hours maintenance activities and participate in on-call rotations.
- Work with vendors in escalation of issues, follow up and coordination of fixes.
- Work with users, vendors to coordinate UAT testing and release management of code fixes/releases to production.
Minimum requirements for the ideal application support candidate will include one of the following:
- Bachelor’s degree in Network Systems, Computer Science, or Data Systems Design and one year experience in the evaluation and analyses of major portions of a large data network
- Associates degree or two years of related coursework in Network Systems, Computer Science, or Data Systems Design or related field with three years of current and progressive experience in the evaluation and analyses of major portions of a large data network
Please make sure that your resume includes information to demonstrate how you meet the minimum qualifications as posted. Your work history will not be given credit if North Dakota Information Technology cannot determine that you meet the minimum qualifications.
All application material must be received on or before the closing date by 11:59 pm and must include the following documents:
North Dakota Information Technology does not offer or provide sponsorships. Applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States.
For more information or if you need an accommodation, please contact: Trish Moch, North Dakota Information Technology: Email: firstname.lastname@example.org phone: (701) 845-7435, fax: (701) 328-3000 or TTY: 1-800-366-6888 or local at (701) 328-3190
Job Announcement Status can be viewed at: http://www.nd.gov/itd/working-itd
- Learn more about NDIT at: http://www.nd.gov/itd
- Learn more about Employment Benefits at: https://www.nd.gov/omb/state-employee/employment-and-compensation/benefits
- isit North Dakota State government: http://www.nd.gov
Equal Employment Opportunity
The State of North Dakota and this hiring agency do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex (including sexual orientation and gender identity), genetics, religion, age or disability in employment or the provisions of services and complies with the provisions of the North Dakota Human Rights Act.
As an employer, the State of North Dakota prohibits smoking in all places of state employment in accordance with N.D.C.C. § 23-12-10.