New job Associate, State and Local Government in New Mexico | 2021
Associate, State and Local Government
Company : KPMG
Salary : Details not provided
Location : New Mexico
Historically, the travel requirement for this position has ranged from 80-100%. The safety and well-being of our people continues to be the top priority, and our decisions around travel are informed by government COVID-19 response directives, recommendations from leading health authorities, and guidance from a number of infectious disease experts. For now, all KPMG business travel, international and domestic, is currently restricted to client-essential sales/delivery activity only. At some point in the future and with the safety of people as the critical factor, the travel requirement will likely increase, possibly to previous levels, but KPMG is committed to balancing client requirements with new delivery capabilities.
The KPMG Advisory practice is currently our fastest growing practice. We are seeing tremendous client demand, and looking forward we don't anticipate that slowing down. In this ever-changing market environment, our professionals must be adaptable and thrive in a collaborative, team-driven culture. At KPMG, our people are our number one priority. With a wealth of learning and career development opportunities, a world-class training facility and leading market tools, we make sure our people continue to grow both professionally and personally. If you're looking for a firm with a strong team connection where you can be your whole self, have an impact, advance your skills, deepen your experiences, and have the flexibility and access to constantly find new areas of inspiration and expand your capabilities, then consider a career in Advisory.
KPMG is currently seeking an Associate in State and Local Government for our Consulting practice.
- Conduct business analysis, asses processes and procedures, evaluate system-based and manual controls
- Lead on-going reviews of integrator deliverables through system development life cycle (SDLC), including requirements specifications, functional design, and test plans for government accounting systems
- Evaluate risks related to requirements management, business process definition, testing processes, internal controls, project communications, training, and organizational change management
- Coordinate team action items and tasks to maintain on-time project schedule
- Clearly communicate business functional issues to various levels of clients and internal staff
- Establish standards by which deliverables will be measured, understand the process used to create the deliverables, review deliverables against established standards, and identify gaps and root causes
- A minimum of one year of experience as a business analyst or project management analyst in a state and local government engagement in a team environment
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college/university preferably in public policy, or business, or management information systems
- Demonstrated experience with project management, business analysis, technology and/or policy transformations
- Experience with state and local government agencies, including health and human services
- Knowledge of standard project management methodologies
- Ability to work onsite at client premises approximately eighty percent of the time
- Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States without the need for visa sponsorship now or in the future
KPMG LLP (the U.S. member firm of KPMG International) offers a comprehensive compensation and benefits package. KPMG is an affirmative action-equal opportunity employer. KPMG complies with all applicable federal, state and local laws regarding recruitment and hiring. All qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. The attached link contains further information regarding the firm's compliance with federal, state and local recruitment and hiring laws. No phone calls or agencies please.