New job Admissions Support Specialist in Alabama | 2021
Admissions Support Specialist
Company : AltaPointe Health
Salary : Details not provided
- Ensures all releases are obtained, fully completed and into the physical chart timely and accurately.
- Ensures that all admission paperwork is filled out completely, upon admission, and filed in the chart.
- Assist the clinical department in scheduling family sessions and providing contact information.
- Accurately populates all fields as related to the admission process in the Avatar system as related to the patients’ insurance and guarantor rankings.
- Researches all patients that present with no insurance through Medicaid, Medicare, and private insurance eligibility sites.
- Complete Medicaid application with all families who require the resource.
- Works with the Admission Nurse, CarePointe and external sources to eliminate barriers to the admission process for consumers and families.
- Participate in on call schedule to cover deficits in the admission process
- Maintains the Hospital/Residential Visitation List
- Completes the nightly “head in the bed checks” for CHU units, documents appropriately and communicates discrepancies to supervisor.
Complete Psychiatric Certifications of Need for all admissions requiring documentation.
- General Office Professional Responsibilities
- Review chart documentation for any improper corrections, missing signatures, dates, etc.
- Return incomplete documentation to the program supervisor.
- Completes head in the bed count nightly on pm shift
- File documentation in the appropriate section of the consumer record as needed
- Completes administrative review when needed.
- Supervision and Consultation
- Seeks supervision and consultation as needed.
- Accepts and employs suggestions for improvements.
- Actively works to enhance skills
- Customer Service Driven Care
- Treats consumer with care, dignity, and compassion
- Respects consumers’ privacy and confidentiality
- Is pleasant and cooperative with others
- Works in a cooperative manner with other AltaPointe employees.
- Assists consumer and visitors as needed
- Personal values don’t inhibit ability to relate and care for others
- Is sensitive to the consumer’s needs, expectations and individual differences.
- Is gentle and calm with consumers, families and others as appropriate
- Works pro-actively to problem solve issues for family and consumers prior to involving supervisor or program management.
- Utilizes hospitality skills as the facility representative during all consumer and guardian encounters.
- Courteous and respectful towards consumers, visitors, and co-workers
- Other Duties that may be performed depending on Facility:
- Pull Mail
- Run Census
- Check for Weekend Admissions
- Check all room assignments
- Ensure that discharge packets for receiving facilities are placed in the chart
- Administrative and Other Related Duties as assigned:
- Actively participates in Performance Improvement activities.
- Actively participates in AltaPointe committees as required.
- Completes assigned tasks in a timely manner
- Follows AltaPointe policies and procedures.
High school graduate or the equivalent; current Alabama driver license and dependable transportation. Must have ability to communicate verbally, withstand continual deadlines, to use judgement in carrying out all phases of the work.
Source : Indded