New job ACCOUNTS PAYABLE CLERK in Texas | 2021
ACCOUNTS PAYABLE CLERK
Company : Poteet Independent School District
Salary : Details not provided
Work under general supervision and follow established procedures to process purchase orders and invoices and maintain accounting records. Assist in the prompt and accurate payment of all expenses incurred by the district.
High school diploma or GED
Knowledge of basic accounting and purchasing procedures
Ability to use calculator (10-key by touch)
Ability to use personal computer and software to develop spreadsheets and do word processing
Effective communication and interpersonal skills
One year accounting or bookkeeping experience
Major Responsibilities and Duties:
Accounting / Purchasing
- Receive and process all accounts payable invoices, requisitions, purchase orders, receipts for advancements, and vendor information in a timely manner and in accordance with established procedures.
- Match invoices with proper purchase orders; ensure completeness and accuracy of invoices and shipments.
- Detect and resolve problems with incorrect orders, invoices, and shipments.
- Communicate with district personnel and vendors regarding questionable and/or outstanding invoices and other information as necessary.
- Confirm balances in accounts for all requisitions.
- Prepare and process invoices in a timely manner.
- Process annual reports and forms for vendors as required by the federal government.
Records and Reports
- Maintain copies of checks, requisitions, invoices, and purchase orders.
- Maintain vendor files when changes occur and set up new accounts.
- Maintain fixed asset inventory records for the district.
- Keep records up to date.
- Prepare correspondence using personal computer.
- Receive incoming calls, answer questions, and direct calls to the proper party.
- Keep informed of and comply with state and district policies and regulations concerning primary job functions.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Copier, calculator, computer, and printer.
Mental Demands/Physical Demands/Environmental Factors:
Work with frequent interruptions. Repetitive hand motions; prolonged use of computer.